Teaching should be as fun as it is rewarding, and at 51Talk we bring that experience right into the comfort of your own home. We put you in control of your own virtual classroom, where you’ll be teaching kids in China who are as excited to learn English as you are to teach it!
Being an online teacher has never been this easy: we connect you with our young learners, and provide all the lesson material so that you can spend more time doing what you love. Through-out your lessons your students are sure to share their Chinese culture with you as well.
We’re looking for teachers who love teaching and can’t wait to see their students smile. Better still, we happily offer all our teachers free professional development training. Join the 51Talk family and start teaching with us today!
51Talk was founded with a simple goal: to make learning accessible and enjoyable for millions of young learners in China.
After hitting a major milestone of going public on the New York Stock Exchange (COE), we continue working toward this goal, and growing our global family of over 10,000 teachers who share our passion for inspiring kids.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for experienced teachers who love working with kids. 51Talk teachers love to make learning fun, and they bring excitement and energy to every lesson!
Here are our basic requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience teaching K-12 (preferred)
• Professionalism, patience, and a fun-loving attitude
• Availability to teach at least 7.5 hours per week (each lesson lasts 25 minutes) whenever you’re available during the following times:
• 6am – 10am EST (Monday to Friday)
• 10pm – 10am EST (Saturday to Sunday)
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED?
All 51Talk classes are conducted as live, online, one-on-one lessons. You’ll need a few simple things to be eligible:
• A laptop or desktop computer with a strong internet connection
• A headset & webcam
• A quiet, clutter-free, and well-lit space in your home
HOW MUCH CAN I EARN?
Our top-performing teachers earn as much as $22 per hour.
In addition to hourly compensation, there are even more ways to earn:
• Referral incentives
• Performance-based incentives
• Pay raises commensurate with performance and training completion
Discover 51Talk TODAY!