Are you interested in teaching English?
The ideal candidate will possess:
- a 4 year college degree (or nearing completion of a B.A. or B.S.)
- a Teaching degree or English degree (preferred, but not required)
- past teaching experience (preferred, but not required)
- familiarity with software tools such as MS Office and Internet Explorer a standard American-English accent (native English speaker) and knowledge of English grammar
- In addition, applicants must reside in the United States to be eligible.
The following are the minimum computer requirements for the position:
- CPU (GHz) (1.7GHz minimum required)
- RAM (GB) (1.0GB minimum required)
- If you use DSL: (3mbps minimum required)
In addition, you MUST have a “hard-wired” connection between your computer and the router using an Ethernet cable (Verizon is not a wireless connection even though you can connect to a router, there is no physical line coming into the home)
We require the use of a USB-connected headset (with an attached microphone) for teaching classes ( we have found that Plantronics or MS livechat headsets work the best with the x-lite and have little to no echo problems).
All training is provided for free. Upon completion of training and teaching a mock class, tutors will be sent a 6 month, renewable, contract to be completed and signed as designated