Teaching with Bibo
- What is the nature of the job?
- Our teachers conduct English tutoring classes with students from Japan, Taiwan, China, Korea, Spain, Turkey and other parts of the world via Skype. One lesson lasts for 25 minutes. You can conduct 2 classes in 1 hour.
- What kind of materials do you use for teaching?
- The company provides materials for students of different levels. You will receive training on how to use said materials.
- What are the working hours?
- Can I use a tablet/mobile phone for teaching?
- We require all teachers to use a laptop or desktop computer for conducting classes.
- Can I work from an internet cafe?
- We require our teachers to work from home. You have to pass the system check, where we will assess if your working environment is adequate for teaching.
- How much is the salary?
- All queries regarding payment will be answered upon passing the interview.
Requirements and Qualifications
- What are the requirements?
- I currently have wi-fi connection at home. Can I apply ?
- Sharing connection with other users while teaching is not allowed. We strictly require our teachers to use wired (LAN) internet connection.
- What is the internet speed requirement?
- You should get at least 0.5mbps for both upload and download speeds versus the Tokyo server. You may check your connection speed at http://www.speedtest.net/.
- Is there an age limit?
- Can I apply even if I am not a college graduate?
- Yes, we hire undergraduates, as long as they are highly proficient in English and they are passionate about teaching.
- I currently work for another online English teaching company. Can I work for Bibo at the same time?
- We do not allow our teachers to work for another company of the same nature. You have to quit working for another company first before you can start teaching at Bibo.
- How do I apply?
- You just have to fill out the form at biboglobal.com/apply. After registration, you should receive an e-mail with a link to the website where you can book your interview appointment.
- Do you allow walk-in applicants?
- We do not entertain walk-in applicants in any of our offices. All applicants must apply online via biboglobal.com/apply.
- I missed my interview schedule. What should I do?
- You will receive an e-mail from our recruitment team. Please respond to it so you can reschedule your interview.
- How do I check the status of my application?
- Always check your e-mail. If you do not receive any, you may send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to check the status of your application.
- Do you accept part-timers?
- Teachers get to decide their work hours — there is no required minimum number of hours. This means you get to decide if you’ll do this on a full-time or part-time basis.