EnglishKey Inc. is an innovative online education company. We teach English to non-English speakers worldwide using live video streaming. Currently, we’re hiring part-time teachers for teaching English to our Latin American students.
Our instructors teach their classes live from their homes. Each class is an hour long and all teaching material is supplied by EK. EK trains new teachers online using our proprietary training methodology. Though we prefer prior teaching experience, especially ESL teaching experience, it’s not required. The hourly salary is negotiable and is based on relevant experience.
This part-time position may lead to a full-time job in 3 to 6 months. Our experienced instructors take up additional activities like mentoring students, training new instructors and improving our courseware. All these activities offer flexible working hours and additional compensation.
Our live classes usually have only two students and because of the size, it is easy to develop a teaching relationship and see the student progress. This makes teaching much more rewarding. You, as a teacher, will be able to acquire new skills based on current learning theory, add a steady source of income and never have to leave your home.
- Must be a native English speaker with an ability to speak slowly and clearly
- Must have a quiet working space at your home. Absolutely no ambient noise.
- Be able to teach at least 10 hours per week during the evening hours (1 PM to 8 PM EST) and/or during the day. You can choose the timings but would have to keep that schedule for 5 months.
- Applicants do not need to know a second language to teach. However, preference will be given to those applicants that – can speak Spanish or Portuguese.
- Applicants do not need to have teaching experience, but preference will be given to ESL/English/other teachers or corporate trainers.
Qualities we look for:
- Energetic, outgoing, patient, articulate, active listener
- Positive and uplifting attitude and an ability to connect.
- A fairly modern (at the most 4 years old) computer (PC-Windows XP/7/ Vista/8 or Mac) with working audio and video.
- Headset and webcam
- A reliable high-speed (Ethernet preferable than WIFI) internet connection (at least 1MB download and upload).
- Office 2010 or later OR a PowerPoint viewer is necessary.
- You must be comfortable using computers and especially so using video conferencing software like Skype, GoToMeeting, etc.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org