|ob Number: 11
|Title: Online ESL Tutor (USA, Various Locations)
|Who We Are
GVE Online Education Inc. is a Toronto-based startup committed to helping students in China improve their English listening and speaking skills. Since the beginning of 2015, we have been providing an online learning platform as well as live tutoring sessions to students from Grades 1 through 9. What sets us apart from competitors is that our lessons align with the Chinese English curriculum and we have an incredible North American tutor team.
What We Are Looking For:
We are seeking experienced and enthusiastic English tutors to deliver our online live tutoring lessons. Our tutors are passionate about the future of online education. They understand how to make every lesson exciting and entertaining by using their sense of humor, musical stylings, voice acting, or just their radiant personalities. Tutoring over the Internet can be challenging. Our tutors excel at creating a personal and effective online learning experience for our students.
What We Offer:
You will be compensated well for delivering exceptional online lessons.
Our lessons occur between 5AM to 9AM Eastern Standard Time, Monday to Saturday. Select the times that you are available and spend the rest of the day relaxing with friends/family, building a bird house, crocheting a hat or other equally productive activities.
Tutoring online can be a challenge. We provide you training in mastering the technology and in delivering our unique online lessons.
Work from Home
No commute. No micro-managers. Spend more time with family.
What You Will Do:
- Deliver 30 minutes GVE Live Interactive Video Lessons – Internet video interaction with students from grades 1 to grade 9 using ZOOM (video conferencing tool) to enhance English communication abilities both listening and speaking
- Provide constructive feedback to students to help them improve their speaking skills
- Create a safe, positive, respectful and supportive online environment, to help GVE Chinese students successfully complete learning goals of each lesson and progress to a higher level of English communication proficiency
- Work flexible hours coordinated with GVE’s Online Lesson Schedule
Skills and Experience:
- Native English fluency required
- Committed availability, minimum one hour, from 5am to 9am Eastern Standard Time Zone
- Qualified home office/location with an internet-connected computer with webcam capability (see hardware & software section below)
- Minimum three-month or equivalent combination of ESL/EFL teaching experience, including part-time, volunteer, community and coaching activities
- Strong communication skills interacting with ESL/EFL students
- Must be punctual at all times and follow the agreed-upon lesson schedule
- Passionate about language education
- Will be required to pass an externally generated background check, including a criminal record report
- Bachelor of Education
- ESL Teacher training certifications: TESOL/TESL/TEFL
- ESL/EFL teaching experience, which may include a combination of part-time, volunteer, community and coaching activities
Computer Hardware & Software Recommendations:
- Mac OS Type: 10.8 or newer
- Windows OS Type: Windows 7 or newer (32/64-bit)
– CPU: Intel Core Series (i3, i5, i7)
– 4GB or More
- Minimum 10Mb/1.5mb (down/up) per second
- Prefer Internet Explorer 11 or higher Chrome of latest version (minimum 38)
- Firefox of latest version (minimum 35)
- Safari (OS X only) version 8+ (minimum 6)
- Microsoft Office Software (2010 or newer)
- Webcam (HD recommended 720P+) Digital or analog (3.5mm) headset
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please apply on our website career page: http://www.gveoe.com. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SIGN UP NOW and Receive our FREE 14-day Online ESL Mentoring Series