OKpanda is a venture funded company supported by some of the top firms in the world to achieve the goal of bringing quality English education to as many people as possible. We are hiring brilliant teachers who want to build their skills and be part of an amazing company that teaches English in new and innovative ways. This is a huge opportunity for whomever has a passion for teaching, an interest in personal growth and a career with a New York based cutting-edge company, and great English skills. OKpanda’s online video teachers will deliver excellent, dynamic EFL lessons via an online platform similar to Google Hangouts or Skype. Classes will be one on one to a student base of primarily adult Japanese and Korean EFL learners. Teachers should be available to work at least two (2) hours per day, either in one or multiple parts. Classes will start every half-hour and last for 25 minutes. In between classes, teachers will be responsible for providing some brief feedback on the completed lesson and preparing for the upcoming one. The rate for a successfully-completed 25-minute lesson starts at $3.5 USD ($7 USD / hour) and can be significantly higher for teachers with Japanese or Korean skills, or teaching qualifications.
- Online voice teachers will provide fun, engaging, and outstanding EFL lessons via an online platform (similar to Skype or Google Hangouts).
- Classes will be one on one.
- Student base: primarily adult Japanese and Korean EFL learners.
- Classes start exactly every half-hour and last for 25 minutes. Not all classes must be taught one after the other.
- Teachers will provide brief feedback on completed lessons in between classes, and will also prepare for upcoming lessons.
- Teach conversational English in an online setting
- Engage students using the given materials and give them real-time feedback
- Provide feedback to the internal staff regarding student progress after each lesson
- Prepare effectively for each lesson
- Use the online platform to its fullest potential (voice, video, screen-sharing, and chat)
- Tailor lessons according to students’ capability
- Encourage, engage, and make it fun
- Our training process was developed by experts from Columbia University, NYU, and other top American universities
- Great performance will be rewarded with opportunities for raises, promotion and career growth
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Skilled at adapting a lesson to the needs of an individual student
- An enthusiastic, lively personality
- Excellent online classroom management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be reliable and punctual
- A home computer and internet connection suitable for online tutoring
- Enthusiasm to teach and grow as an educator
- ESL/EFL teaching experience, preferably in an online environment
- An internet connection and space suitable for video tutoring
WHO YOU ARE
- A team player
- Creative and versatile
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- Can think on his/her feet
- Digital savvy
- Share our values: self-improvement, honesty, desire to achieve greatness, love of learning
- Don’t take things for granted
- Ask great questions
- Comfortable with change
- Comfortable working in the cloud Please note that in order to proceed with the application you should use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.